A cold front passed through earlier today and the temperatures will continue to drop tonight and tomorrow as high pressure moves into the region. While we remain east of the center of high pressure, we will experience colder temperatures, with lows tonight dropping below 20. This high pressure will move to the east Friday and Saturday. The NAM 2-meter surface temperature for Saturday morning shows very cold arctic air to our north as this high pressure moves eastward.
Saturday and Sunday we can expect temperatures to warm up as winds become more southerly. Models are showing a stationary front starting to develop late Saturday into Sunday which will keep skies overcast and giving us a chance for rain. The WPC Surface Analysis for Sunday shows this stationary front stretching across the country.
It will be nice to have a brief warm-up this weekend. Though it is still 5 days out, Tuesday of next week looks to be a peek at spring with highs in the 60s and a chance of thunderstorms. This could all change with new model outputs, so be sure to check back soon for another update!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Bowling Green’s 5-Day Forecast:
- Tonight: A chance of flurries, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Wind chill values as low as 9. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as 9. North wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as 7. Northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 39. East wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday: A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday: Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 70%.